Passion defined: powerful, intense emotion; boundless enthusiasm
Passion is a fire from within – a fiercely burning fire in your belly that burns brighter and hotter the more you pursue your passion. You are your passion because it comes from your heart, which pulses the blood of your passion through your veins.
What was Christ’s passion?
“My prayer for all of them (all who will ever believe in me) is that they will be one, just as you and I are one, Father – that just as you are in me and I am in you, so they will be in us, and the world will believe you sent me…
Father, I want these whom you’ve given me to be with me.” John 17: 21, 24
For 3 years the disciples followed Jesus and were taught. Then they followed their passion when they were commanded to GO… and the world was never the same. They caught the world on fire with their passion to share the good news of a risen Savior -Jesus Christ – to GOD be the glory!
Passion is CAUGHT, not TAUGHT from the people you surround yourself with because… fire loves fire. Distance yourself from the water-filled hoses in your realm. Find passionate people – and run with them.
The disciples were individually and uniquely known by name, and God knows each of us!
- “…O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me… You made my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb!” Psalm 139: 1, 13
- “For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord.” Jeremiah 29:11
- “See, I have written your name on my hand.” Isaiah 49:16
He draws us to Himself & wants us to follow the passion He’s given to each of us. Corinthians and Peter talk about gifts:
- “God has given gifts to each of you…” and, when we use our gifts,
- “Do it with all the strength and energy that God supplies. Then God will be given glory in everything” 1 Peter 4:10, 11
- “A spiritual gift is given to each of us as a means of helping the entire church” 1 Corinthians 12:7
- “God in heaven appoints each person’s work” John 3:27
- “So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and steady, always enthusiastic about the Lord’s work, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.” 1 Corinthians 15:58
How do we know our passion?
- It’s an obsession!
- Others confirm that they see it in us.
- God’s Word confirms that it is in line scripturally (it can/will be used to honor HIM – 1 Cor. 10:31)
- Doors open – opportunities lead – God directs our lives in line with our passion
“and you will hear a voice say, ‘This is the way; turn around and walk here.’” Isaiah 30:21
- We find peace and joy when we think and pray about – then pursue – our passion and where we believe God is leading us.
Following our God-given passion can/will keep us connected to Him as the Creator of that passion within us. Find the passion He has given to you. Find the spark to light the fire in your belly, and use it to glorify HIM! 🙂