but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint.
– Isaiah 40:31
“The time has come. The time is NOW.”
Several months ago I launched something new. I decided that some of the things I was dealing with are going to be history, and I shared this idea with others who are with me in this. We’re calling: #NotNextYear. One year from now, there are things that will be gone from our lives because they need to be. This is how we’re doing it:
For each #NotNextYear item:
Write down “Where I am” on one side of the page and “Where I will be one year from today” on the other side. Down the middle of the page: Note step by step how to get from “I am” to “I will be one year from today”, including a timeline. We’re creating a list of goals, and goals need to be SMART:
- Specific: Significant, Simple – What you will do, answering specific questions of “who, what, why, where, when, which”
- Measurable: Meaningful, Manageable – How to track the progress and measure the outcome, so ask these questions: “How much?”, “How many?”
- Attainable: Appropriate, Achievable, Action-oriented – Each thing needs to be something feasible, even if it’s lofty. Say what you will do, and what the result will be.
- Relevant: Results-oriented, Realistic – Each thing may be challenging, yet make it relevant and realistic to make your life better by driving your “joy-score” higher.
- Timely: Time-oriented, Time-based – Lay out your timeline and the “due date” for step that is part of accomplishing each #NotNextYear item.
I don’t have many #NotNextYear items. I am very blessed and very thankful for all God’s provided and given to me! I’m focusing on just a few things that will make my personal life more in tune with what I believe God’s best is for me and my realm. Right now my husband is living in another city because of a job transfer. I don’t believe God wants married people to live apart, especially when they love each other deeply and want to be together so: #NotNextYear. I want my hubby back home. I’m laying out my steps now to make it happen. The 5 pounds that needed to come off will stay off because I won’t be fighting this weight battle: #NotNextYear.
So consider: One year from today, what do I NOT want to have in my life that’s here right now? What joy-busters need to be GONE so I can get some joy-BOOSTERS flowing again?
One year from today. Don’t live in fear that it can’t be done. I consider myself small, but MIGHTY because my God is in control of my life – you can give Him control of your challenges too. Make the conscious decision today to set your plan in place to get rid of the attitude-suckers so you can say: